Run Reviews

The program I am doing is C25K in 14 days.  Probably a little aggressive given my current fitness level but the typical C25k's progress too slow and I end up doubling them anyway. 

I decided to do the first run while Avery was at her Golf League.  There is a park near the golf course that looked the perfect spot.  I had left my good running sneakers in my office in NY so I choose an old pair of Adidas that weren't my favorite but would do.  The first workout was a 10 minute warm up then jog for 2 min and walk for 2 min for 5 rounds.  I did it twice that day and it sucked, not because it was exceptionally hard but because I felt like a beached whale and the shoes sucked.  But I got it in the books and found a cool plantation called the Burnside Plantation where the Bethlehem police horses live. 

The second run I did at home, the workout consisted of a 5 min walk then 2 minute jog, 1 minute run, 2 minute walk intervals 4x's.  The first round was easy, 2nd harder, 3rd easier and 4th brutal.  Still feel like a whale, slow as dirt but had on my Asics and my feet felt better. 

The third run was also at home.  It was 10 minute warm-up followed by 4 minute jogs with 1 minute walks in between 4x's.  I had a fan cheering me on this day.  The neighbors 5 year old son stood in his driveway and greeted me each round.  He was a cutie.  He even brought out a chair to sit and watch.  That run said I needed a two day recovery time which I gladly took, but I had to admit, it was getting easier. 

Today was the fourth run, and I brought my dog Boots because the vet told us he is overweight (like his mama) and I'm trying to get him fit again.  We went to the Delaware River Canal.  It was a 5 minute warm-up then 8 minute jog, 1:30 min walk, 5 min jog, 1:30 walk,  5 minute jog, then 5 min  cool-down. The 8 minutes wasn't too bad, I would say by the last minute I was out of breath but it felt good.  We took a little longer than the 1:30 for the break as I didn't want to push Boots too hard.  Then the next two 5's weren't bad either.  I was very worried I wouldn't be able to do this run but looks like I could do it just fine.  It was humid as hell.  I took Boots down to the river to cool off but it was very slippery so he just got a drink then we sat under a tree for a few and relaxed.  I brought him home and we both took a cool shower to cool down as my face was as red as a tomato. 

This week is going to be interesting since I have to go into the city for work Tuesday-Thursday.  Hoping I can get a run in at the hotel, or maybe down at Battery Park.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template