I'm running, sortof

I'm a blog slacker but I'm ok with that. Been busy with Christmas and all. Lots of cleaning, celebrating and more cleaning, ughhh! Tomorrow night we're going to First Night in Bethlehem. I'm hoping to get Avery to take a nice long nap so she can see the midnight fireworks instead of the 5:45. Instead of the ball dropping they have a giant yellow peep.

Yesterday was my first run since Oct. 8th and the sprain. I ran 1.5 miles and it wasn't too bad. The ankle was tight and achy but not horrible and my lungs were great. I felt like I could have kept going but I didn't want to push it. I felt great, of course it could have just been adrenaline and excitement from being out there. I came home and immediately iced the ankle.

Went to the sports medicine doctor and she says if there is bone bruising it could take up to 12 or more weeks to heal. Just to be on the safe side and make sure its just a really bad sprain we're getting an MRI done on Friday. I'm still having lots of pain and clicking and tightness and I am happy I can run, even if just a couple of miles but I'd hate to keep this up to find out there's a loose bone fragment floating or something. If that's the case I'd need surgery and since I'm not really running right now I could deal but if I start running again and had to stop for another 3 months (and in the spring no less) I think I'd hurt someone. I now know that running is really an addiction because I had major withdrawal. Just ask my husband, I've been a nasty moody depressed pain in the ass lately. I need my endorphines and Vitamin DDDDD!

Planning another short run tomorrow morning. Probably just another 1.5, this way I'm close to home and not overdoing it.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. And if I don't get on here in the next day or so a very happy New Years!

3 comments:

Doctor Err said...

i think its cool you feel this way about running. i like to run, but i sure don't like it as much as you do. how much easier does that make your training!!!
keeping my fingers crossed that this is the end of your break!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Glad you are back at it. Hope the MRI turns out ok. I am a crappy PITA when I can't run too!

Happy New Year!

Jen Jones said...

Yay, looks like with are both back at it! Have some fun, I hope the ankle quickly gets stronger!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template