Let it Snow!

We had a nice little snow storm here last night. It made rush hour a mess but was very pretty. This morning it was all white with icy tree branches and beautiful. Luckily I work from home so I didn't have to drive in. They had the roads cleared pretty quickly and the snow has melted a bit from last night. The snow almost put me in the mood for Christmas (but not quite).

My ankle is feeling better, I'm finally noticing real progress. My PT wants me to get an MRI since my progress has been slow. It's been 10 weeks today since I sprained it. I go to the doctor's on Monday and I have to present her with the findings and recommendation from PT for the MRI. I don't think I could run on it yet but I don't have any pain on the elliptical anymore so its my new best friend.

I miss running a lot. I miss it when I am driving down my running routes and seeing the seasons change. I miss it when I see anyone else running, I'm totally jealous. Most of all I miss it when I'm having a particularly bad day. The other day was one of those and I had PT after work. I warm up w/ 10 min on the elliptical before all the other stuff and I was so happy on there working up a good sweat. By the time PT was done I felt much better. I need those endorphins I guess!

Hopefully I'll be running by the new year. I plan to take it easy. I'm starting with my new boss mid-January and with my additional responsibilities it will make getting in longer runs more difficult so maybe its good I'll be starting from scratch.

1 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Hang in there! That's a long time to go with out running. I'm sure it's tough. Hope the MRI shows that you are well on the way to being able to run in January.

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template