Change

I've always been able to adapt to change very easily but as I grow older I find more obstacles in the way, making transitions more difficult.

Change is surrounding me these past dew months. Change in my routine, change in my job, change in my home and change in my physical appearance.

My routine and physical changes are due to not being able to run and not having time to exercise. Now that I can run I'm searching for the discipline that got me out there on the road daily during marathon training. Hopefully I find it by Monday when I hope to begin a new regime.

The house changes are good and bad. We've been painting and fixing up some rooms, all good, the bad is trying to put all the Christmas stuff away with limited time. I think the snow today will help since we'll be trapped here the whole weekend & all plans have been cancelled.

Job change --- this is both good and bad. Bad because there is a fear of the unkown. I've had it so good for quite a few years under my old management. My new management promises it will be even better with even more oppurtunities to get ahead but the department is rather petty with high school tactics being performed by high level professionals. Bad because at some point I may loose my two days of working from home because they 'just donalt do that here'.

With all this change I'll be fine. I always am but its just not as easy to accept with family and household responsiblities to consider. I prefer to just go with the flow.

Now, a positive change in my finances and the economy would be a very welcome change. Don't you all agree?

7 comments:

Antoinette said...

That is a lot of change.

Did you leave your previous job mainly because of lack of upward mobility?

sauconRunner said...

Nettie, I didn't choose the job change, it was due to an IT realignment at our company. I basically have the same role with added responsibility but work in a different unit.

Doctor Err said...

i hate it when i can be in charge of my own stuff.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I hear ya! We are going through alot of similar changes in my family too. DH finds out on Wednesday if he is part of the 20% of his company that is getting laid off.

I think if you can get back to the running routine it will help you deal with the other changes. Hang in there!

Theia said...

I agree with Cindi. Getting a workout routine in place will help you so much -- mentally as much as physically.

Hang in there!!

Joe said...

I think with all the change, some routine will help you out and provide you an anchor of sorts. I wish you the best with all that's going on around you

Stephen said...

Hope things get settled into a routine and everything comes out for the best. Still trying to get my own running routine back in swing (so I guess I should get to bed instead of reading blogs eh)

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template