Tempo Run take 2

Technically take 3. The first was on 8/20 because I missed the first one I was supposed to do the week before, I think missed the next couple but had what was basically a 9 mile tempo a few weeks ago intead of an easy LR so this is my 2nd tempo that was actually supposed to be a tempo.

SOMEBODY convinced me to shoot for 9:20 to 9:30 pace for them seeing as how I was in the 9:40s last time. Mind you I was doing them this time at work where its hilly as hell. Here's the comparison (although the 1st one was 4 miles, 2 mile warmup and 1 mile cooldown, this one was 1 mile warm up and 1 mile cooldown with 3 at tempo):













I still don't like tempo runs. I'm going to try the next one on the track.

3 comments:

Theia said...

You'll be bored to death on a track for that long! Don't do it. You'll hate tempo runs even more.

sage said...

I second the don't do tempo on a track emotion. Ugh. I'd get dizzy.

You're doing something speedy twice a week? Ok... but... If it's working for you, cool, but if you think you're getting burned out, then maybe consider just once a week.

I tend to dread my once a week speedy something, but always feel great about having done it.

Doctor Err said...

I don't like it when running and puking happen very close together.
I'm just saying...

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template