Mojo

So last week I didn't get to run because of my quad issues. The first 3 days of non-running were torture, I so wanted to be out there running. The fourth day I was able to run again but wasn't able to get the run in due to life issues but I wasn't too bummed about it. The next day was our little tropical storm so no running. I was content to sit at home and read all day. Sunday I went for my first run and it was supposed to be 12 miles. I made it 5.5 and it totally sucked. My injuries were better but lower leg, achilles, etc were hurting like crazy. I was not pleased. I decided to take Monday off and shift my schedule up to give myself time to adjust. Tuesday we had crazy storms so I didn't get my run in again and my mojo was gone. I didn't care that I wasn't missing it. I was grumpy (from lack of running but I didn't want to run either) and discouraged. I thought to myself that maybe I wasn't cut out for 3 more months of training and the marathon was a bad idea.

This morning I felt much the same way. Tired, lazy and not motivated to go to the track. But I knew I would. I also knew that this had better be a good workout or my mojo wasn't going to come back. I packed up Avery, my Aunt and my water and towel and got in the car. I dropped them off at the park and ran to the track. The warmup was ok. Kindof slow but I figured that was a good thing. The rest was awesome. I felt great, my legs felt powerful and there was no pain. The 1600 went really well. I felt that I went at a pace that was hard but maintainable for the whole mile. I was definitely out of breath when I was done but my legs still felt great. I did 2 loops of recovery one walking one running slow. The 800 felt great too! The 400 went well but I felt like I should have been faster. I definitely felt like I should have been faster for the 200. Faster in the sense that I felt like I was running faster than I actually did for both.

I couldn't wait to get home and compare it to my first ever interval session (and ladder) just a month ago. Here are the results:










I have found I really enjoy doing intervals. Especially the ladders. It's great as the distance gets less the effort gets greater. For 2 years I feared speedwork like it was the plague. Now I actually look forward to it!

Guess my mojo is back!

3 comments:

Theia said...

Looks like Needles knows his stuff, huh? (But don't tell him!) :)

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Excellent improvement!

Maria said...

Needles? He has yet another nickname??

Glad to hear the mojo is back and your hard work is paying off!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template