Stressing

I don't know what to do. My foot feels ok when I jog around a bit but hurts like hell when I'm walking. I know its because I run midfoot to toe and I walk heal to toe on the outside of my feet (the tendon is on the outside of the back of the foot).

Should I run and risk the injury lasting longer or getting worse (even if it feels ok while I'm running) or should I not run and loose my fitness! It's not like I can go on the bike or elliptical or anything to keep up my cardio. I can't use the foot so that just leaves low impact stuff.

I have an 18 miler planned for Sunday. I wouldn't mind giving it up for a shorter distance and running my long run another day during the week as long as I could run!

This is totally why I was scared to RACE the PDR instead of running it. I'll be so ticked if this F's up me being able to run the marathon.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I guess the question is--does running make it worse? I'd go out for a shorter run--like 4 miles and see how it feels while running and then later in the day.

My heel feels 100% fine when I'm running but by the end of the day I'm popping advil--the solution? No running for a while. Which sucks but sometimes that's the case.

Good luck and feel better!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Not sure. But if your goal is to not F up being able to run the marathon, then maybe you need to rest now and let it heal? Don't you still have like 8 weeks? Maybe rest up and try the long run mid-week if your schedule allows.

Have you been back to the doctor?

Antoinette said...

#1 - I hope you are icing that sucker whenever you have chance.

#2 - Does stationary biking hurt the foot??? It seems like it wouldn't (???).

sauconRunner said...

Nettie, I've been icing it like crazy. I'm also on perscription Anti-inflams for my Neuroma so they have been helping.

Yesterday I finally stopped limping and today it is almost 100% better.

I was going to run this morning but the rain as was coming down way too hard so I'm going to do it tomorrow!

Thanks guys!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template