Happy Labor Day!

I'm supposed to hit the track for some speedwork today. I can't go right now anyway because even though there is no school today there are practices and when I went by earlier this morning the football team was on the field.

I don't feel like running anyway. I have a headache. I think its sinuses. I'm hoping its allergies but I haven't been feeling myself since Friday so maybe I will take it easy today. I ended the year with 128 miles which is an all time high for me. Starting the new month with zero on the first day isn't what I want but we'll have to wait until this evening to see if I'm up for a run.

We had a busy day yesterday! After my run I came home and Avery and I quickly jumped in the shower. She had a play date with a group of kids that no longer go to her school. Two of which were her best friends. She's made a new best friend over the summer named Casey so the seperation wasn't as traumatic as I was thinking it would be. They had a great time. The only issues was the tire swing that they were spinning on forever. Ella and Avery looked like they were going to get sick but they didn't. Danny wasn't so lucky. He looked green and when he was in the car on the way home he threw up all over himself and his sister. Poor kid!

The playdate was from 10:30 until 2:30. When it was over we stopped by my parents house. I had gotten my mom and iPod Shuffle as a gift because she was joining the new gym by her house. I had to go put iTunes on her computer and show her how to take her classical cd's and put them on iTunes then onto the Shuffle. After that was done we went outside.

My parents live in the same house I grew up in. The road basically goes up a big hill so each house is higher than the last. Our neighbors, Hank and Bernice, had a great little hill between my parents house and theirs. My brother and I would roll down it all day long and in the winter there would be great snow drifts against it where we could dig out forts and igloo's. Yesterday Avery had a blast rolling down the hill over and over again. She made me do it a few times with her. It was fun but boy was I dizzy when I got to the bottom. I don't remember being so dizzy after when I was a kid!

After picking too many of my mom's flowers Avery and I went home. I was tired. I had been outside from 6:30 am until 5:30 pm and my head was starting to bug me. I got home and just wanted to relax but Avery wanted to play princesses. She dressed up in her Bell dress and we headed outside. I pushed her on the swings for a bit and we sat on the half done patio (that I doubt will get completed any time soon :-( ) and then we ended up on the deck. Avery has play kitchens and tables out there so we played that I was making her eat. It was fun but I was so tired. I was so excited when it was 7:30 and bath time!

We slept in this morning, it was lovely. Now we're hanging out in the family room watching Disney Princess Sing a Longs on the TV.

1 comments:

Doctor Err said...

my dad taught me how to roll down hills when i was about that age. what was bad....was that it was a hill on a ski slope (yeah, in other words a mountain).

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template