Benched

I've been benched for an injury and I didn't even get it on the field...

Monday night I was standing on a chair trying to reach something and when I stepped down I must have over extended my leg and I felt this horrible cramping/ripping sensation in my right quad.

Right after it got ridiculously tight (again, almost like a cramped muscle where its contracted). I iced it all night and then in the morning I thought it felt better until I bent down to help Avery get dressed and had the same sensation. After that it bothered me when I walked all day long.

From everything I read about muscle tears I need to stay off of it for 72 hours so I am not going to run until Friday, then I'm just going to do a couple of miles to see how it feels and if its good I'll do my long run on Saturday.

What stinks is I had the best 9 miler on Sunday, with pace times I haven't had since I ran Broad Street w/ Lori in 2007! Plus my left hip is feeling 100% better, no pain, no limping...

Hopefully the rest will do me good and I'll only need these few days to fix the muscle! Let the cabin fever begin...

2 comments:

Theia said...

Rest is your friend. Your muscle needs time to repair itself, so don't let your head get the best of you and force you out there before you are ready. You're going to be even stronger when you make your triumphant return this weekend!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Definitely rest, Heather. Hope it heals quickly.

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template