Nice....

I had a great run this morning. I was supposed to do 10 but I only ended up w/ 9. I felt a hotspot forming on the inside of my right arch. I was thinking of doing the crazy big hill for the last mile but since I knew I was getting a blister and had to do speedwork tomorrow I cut it short. My average pace was 10:06! All summer my average pace has been between 11:30 and 11:40.

Today I never felt like I was running too hard and I never felt like I was runnig too easy. Just right.

Here are my splits:

10:37
10:02
9:55
9:45
10:02
10:09
10:09
10:31 (I don't know why I slowed down so much here.)
9:43

Sweet. This was a big confidence builder. I guess the speedwork and tempo runs are paying off. I also want to thank Jill and Maureen. I met them in my first 1/2 mile and ran the next 2.5 or so with them. They made me pick up my pace more than I planned but when I realized it wasn't to hard to maintain I tried to keep it up for the rest of the run. Thanks Guys!

4 comments:

sneakersister said...

Nice job Heather!!
Sooo ... the PDR? What have you decided to do pace-wise? Because I think you should aim for 9:50-10:00. I know you can do that.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Awesome! I bet it is a combination of the speedwork and the nicer weather paying off. Nice job!

Antoinette said...

Very nice indeed!

Jen said...

I swear by speedwork! It totally got me my Broad Street time. Nice running--I'm so jealous of having running buddies!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template