What a weekend!

My weekend started Friday since Mike, Avery and I took off for my birthday. We had a nice relaxing day at home and then Mike and I went with my friend Karen and her husband Joe to see STP at Musikfest that night. It was a lot of fun and a very late night. I think I got to bed around 2am.

Saturday 6:30 I was up and getting ready to meet my RP for my long run. I felt sick I was so tired. I stopped for coffee on the way knowing I needed a little caffeine if I was going to get through even the first mile! It was beautiful out, no humidity and around 65 degrees. The first mile everything was a little tight but after that I loosened up and sped up too! I ran the next 10 miles averaging about a 10:30 pace. My last mile was 9 minutes and my last quarter I gunned it and did an 8 something. It felt great to be running that pace again. I don't think I've done that pace for a LR since spring. It just shows how much the humidity weighs me down. Even with little sleep I did very well. I was pleased.

I came home and watched the opening ceremony for the olympics, cleaned the house and read a book. This morning Avery woke me up by coming into our room way to early so I headed to town for coffee (we were out) then came home and got ready to go to a friends for brunch. We had a great time despite the crazy storms. I was so tired on the way home I wanted to take a nap but my cousin stopped by to hang out so we went and grabbed some food and came back and hung out. We were supposed to go see the fireworks at Musikfest tonight (its the last night) but we were all worn out so we are staying in.

It's a beautiful crisp cool August evening. I can hear the fireworks we chose to miss outside the open window. Growing up I always thought August was the hottest month of summer then once I was in college and a lifeguard I remember always wearing sweats in the morning and evenings at the pool and that the humidity had died down from July. I think August is actually my favorite month of summer now.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like lots of fun times! Nice run too!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template