1st official speedwork session

I did it! Yippee! And it wasn't as horrible as I thought. I went a little faster than I had planned on each interval. I based my times on Macmillan's chart. Overall I'm happy with the workout. Here's my results.:

1 m w/u - 10:51
1600 - 9:01
800 - 4:28 (9:00)
400 - 2:02 (8:08)
200 - 0:52 (7:18)
1/2m c/d - 5:40 (11:16)

Here's what Macmillan and RunnersWorld say I should be doing based on my best 10miler of 1:40:








What I think of the track? I think it will take some getting used to, more for the warm up and cool down than anything else. I might do my warm up off of the track next time and ask my coach for a 2 mile warm up. It usually takes me 2 or so to feel good.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I nearly always run to/from the track as my warm-up and cool down. That oval gets daunting and repetitive. My 2 cents

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Nice workout! The last official workout as a 36 yer old?? (Tomorrow, right? I thought we were gonna celebrate together? What's the plan?!)

Jen said...

I'm with maria--I can't stand warming up and cooling down on the track. It also takes me about 2 miles to get warmed up. Glad you had a good workout!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template