New Shoes

So 3 miles into my long run on Saturday my Morton's Neuroma started acting up. It got so bad at around mile 7 that I had to stop. Severe shooting pains in my toe. Not good. So I walked a few steps and was fine after that, it still bothered me off and on for the rest of the 16 miles but I dealt with it. What I realized was that it wasn't the distance of the run that was irritating it. I have only had pain on my Saturday runs but not when I hit the higher miles, its always around 3 or 4 miles that it kicks in. It's also not the course. I ran the parkway on Thursday for my tempo and had no issues. What I realized was that I only wear my Brooks GTS7's on Saturdays now. I wear my Adidas Supernova on Tues/Thurs at work and I wear my relatively new Mizuno Wave Alchemy 7's on Monday and Wednesday for my quality workouts. So I'm thinking its the shoes.

I was going to switch days with the Mizuno's to see if the Brooks were bothering me during the week. I think I only had about 250 miles on them so I knew they were at the end of their life but thought since I was only using them once a week that they would last until around 300 or 350. Mike wanted to get new sneakers that day so I took him to my LRS and decided I would get another pair as well. I got the Mizuno Wave Alchemy 8's this time. My first pair of kicks that weren't blue since I started running! Let's hope this ends my discomfort and pain.



1 comments:

Jen said...

Oh wow Heather-you should rename your blog the runner of many shoes! I'm glad you figured out what was hurting you. Tom had a similar issue lately and it was the shoes.

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template