Horse Whisperer

Avery has the bug, the horse bug. We went to see her horse Marlin this weekend at a horse show in NJ. He is my friend from work's daughters horse and Avery met him on memorial day and rode him like a champ. Ally told Avery he could be her horse too and all she does is talk about him.

He was in a 4-H fair last week and my friend sent me pictures of them jumping. I showed them to Avery and she started crying saying she missed him and look, he missed her too, she could see it in his face. Too cute.

Ally competed with him in Western yesterday. They had never done western before but there were so many horse shoes in the area yesterday there wasn't anyone else in her class so she did Western. She one a first place and two second place ribbons.

After Ally put Avery right up on him and gave her the reins. She didn't forget anything she had learned in June and rode him (by herself, no one was holding on to Marlin). Then Ally guided them into the corral and had them walking over poles and up on platforms. She was so comfortable on him and steered him in all the appropriate directions. Many of the people there were commenting on how good a rider she was for a 4 year old. I was really proud.

I had a pony growing up but I never did any formal riding or shows but I have always loved horses and am so happy that Avery has that same love. They are taken to her too, even the feisty one's were drawn to her and nuzzling her.

I told Mike that night that we had a horse whisperer on our hands and he said, "I was afraid of that" and laughed. Looks like we better start saving our money!

I'll post pictures later.
















2 comments:

Theia said...

Could she possibly pick a more expensive hobby? :)

Jen said...

How cute! Dude--you'll have to cut back on your shoe habit;)

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template