I love my long runs

I look forward to my long run all week. I'm enjoying the diversity of my weekly workouts but they are challenging and while pushing the distance on the weekends is a challenge the runs are just so pleasant. I love running in the parkway, its so pretty. I love getting up early with dozens of other people to run there. I like doing whatever pace feels good and pushing it only if I feel like it. The satisfaction of completing the distance is another plus.

I was worried about today's run since I had gotten a cortizone shot in my right foot yesterday for my morton's neuroma. While the shot didn't help the neuroma it didn't hinder the run. Around 4 miles it started to bother me and the pain was off an on the whole run. I should feel relief within the next couple days from the shot.

We got there just as the sun was rising and decided to do a 1/2 mile warm up walk before we ran. 13.25 miles in 2:25:23 Average HR 157. Here are my splits:

11:48
11:45
11:16
10:54
11:21
10:53
10:52
11:03
10:34
10:28
11:03
10:25
10:09
7:27 (just for fun)

You can see where the hills are from my pace. Not that they are big hills but I obviously slow down for them. The first couple miles I ran slow. My quads aren't used to the speedwork yet and were tight the entire run although they loosened a little after 2 miles. I'ts nice to see so many 10 minute paces in there since I really didn't feel them while I was out there. I think if my quads were loose I could have had more in the 10:30 range the first half.

5 comments:

sage said...

woo hoo!

my long run just made me tired.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Very nice!

Maria said...

LRs are old hat for you now... keep up the great work!!!

Theia said...

You are going to rock your marathon!!!!

Jen said...

Your quads will totally get used to the speed work in time. I'm so jealous you have a running partner for your long runs! Glad you're getting in some good running time!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template