Summertime and the livings easy...

Not so easy if you are trying to run in the heat and humidity.

You would think each day I drag my ass out there in the worst heat of the day I would make my mind up to get myself up early enough to get cooler runs in. I must just be a glutton for punishment.

Last night I ran 6 horrible miles. The heat and humidity was only one aspect of its suckage factor. I had intestinal issues at lunch time (thus why I postponed the run until evening) that left me somewhat dehydrated and crampy. Today I did 4 at lunch and it was just as hot. I had more energy so it wasn't as bad a run but boy was I soaked when I finished. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as hot and humid so I am going to force myself to get to bed early and get up at 5 am to get my 8 miles in.

I can't wait for cooler weather!

3 comments:

sneakersister said...

I'm more than happy to give you a wake up call in the morning since I'll be getting up for an early 8 as well. Would you like me to call your house # or your cell?

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I'd call too, but tomorrow I'm actually sleeping in til 5:30! You should be well on your way by then -

Her Roo-ness said...

i just wish i could be a grown ass woman and get up on time...
:)
xoxo

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template