Rainy Holiday

Such a rainy weekend!

Friday morning my running partner from work met me at the Parkway at 6:30 for a 10 miler. This is her biggest distance yet so it was a big deal for her. It was pouring when I got there but by the time she got there the rain had subsided. It was ridiculously humid and there were some swarms of nasty river flies at certain points but otherwise it was a great run.

We run well together because I don't enjoy the first few miles and feel my best around 4 or 5 miles into a run. She's the opposite and needs the push in the end. I think the two of us keep each other going. After the run we both took an ice bath in the river. We sat on rocks that were deep enough to cover our legs and talked for about 10 minutes or so. It felt great considering I was already soaked through with sweat!

I may get out for a short run today and tomorrow the schedule is calling for 8.

We had a laid back 4th of July. Mike, Avery and I went to see WALL-E which was really cute and then just hung out at home. Yesterday we started to set up the big blue pool but we need to level the ground a bit more so we need to wait a day or so. Today my MIL, Avery and I are going to see the Kit - American Girl movie. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July and stayed dry!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template