Race Commitment

I'm putting here to make it official. I've committed to the 13.1 marathon - New York City - Team World Vision on Saturday April 3, 2010.

Reasons for committing:

  • Motivation to get off my sorry ass and get back on the pavement on a regular basis
  • Someone asked me to

Doesn't take much I guess. Hopefully this will finally pull me out of my rediculously long slump.

It's 5 months out but I'm going to start a plan now so that I can get a schedule going. When I have a schedule and a goal I have a better chance of following through.

It's funny how when I was running 40 miles or so a week I couldn't bare to not run a day and would rearrange my schedule to make time for it. Now I make every excuse in the book not to run - so sad!

5 comments:

Theia said...

Yahoo! Yippee! Hooray! Awesome! Bravo! Fantastico! Shall I go on???

So glad you're jumping back in. xoxox

Bob said...

Excellent! I'm also in a planning phase. 13.1 still sounds really, really far to me.

Doctor Err said...

yay for you! and also you're security word is holyrica. that should be your mantra. xoxo

Maria said...

awesomeness!!! so glad to hear you're recommitting and coming to nyc!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good for you!!!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template