Physical Therapy

First day of Physical Therapy. Mostly talked about what exactly happened, when it hurts and on what scale. Then she took some measurements of my good and bad ankle and did some flexibility exercises to see how bad it was.

I have 0 flexibility pulling my toe up to my shin and only 40% flexibility in pointing my toe down and right or left. She said that's not too good. She also said that there is still a good amount of swelling on the ankle which indicates how severe the sprain was. She will recommend an MRI if she doesn't see improvement soon since she worries that with the bad swelling I had during the xray could have hidden a fracture.

It will be four weeks Wednesday and I'm still having pain. Now that she was poking and prodding it today its really sore right now.

The cool thing is that she said one of the other PT facilities has an underwater treadmill and she's going to try and get me in it at least once a week for now. I have PT 3 times a week for the next month. Hopefully I'll be back running by the end of it.

2 comments:

Theia said...

Be patient! It'll take a while for the ankle to heal entirely. Meanwhile, enjoy your cute new shoes. :)

Maria said...

Hang in there! And let us know if you end up on that underwater TM, the only one I've seen is in Spirit of the Marathon.

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template