Foot Update

So Monday I drove to the parkway to do my LR. I started out and felt great. My body was very happy to be hitting the trail again. I was even thinking to myself that I will never be able to stop running, it would drive me insane, I'd miss it so.

I got to around 4 miles area where the injured tendon is started to feel tight and uncomfortable. I stopped and stretched a little, shook it out so to speak. When I started to run again same thing and then it started to hurt. I got scared and ended up walking the last mile of the loop to my truck. I didn't even get to finish one of the 3 loops I had planned.

I found a rock by the river and stuck my feet in to ice them and sulked. How frustrating. Alexis asked me later if I'd consider switching to the half and I said not yet. I'm not giving up hope yet but its not looking good.

I'll give it a little bit more time. If its still jacked up next week I guess I'll go to the doctor. I didn't run yesterday because Avery was home sick but I will try to get in a couple of miles today and see how it feels.

4 comments:

Theia said...

Stay close to home. Do a short route a few times rather than a longer route that takes you farther out.

I have faith in you!!! The half is an option and a LAST resort.

Doctor Err said...

smart on you for cutting it short. there have been many times I've not been so smart....
ya know what.... its not like anyone is going to shoot you if you don't get a full in yet.
i totally, totally get why that would suck unpleasant things... but keep your perspective, lady. things always happen for a reason.
in other news...i pushed a couch out a window sunday. i highly recommend it. :D

Jen said...

Tom had an injury last winter that took a very long time to heal. It was a pulled tendon and I remember how FRUSTRATED he was. Maybe just try short runs for a while and see how it does. Then ease your way into the longer runs. Feel better soon!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Healing vibes to you Heather!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template