Autumn

I am loving the fall weather. Too bad I can't run in it. This weekend we had the fire going all weekend and had such a nice time hanging at home. My girlfriend, Amy, and her daughter, Sarah, came for a camp out on Friday night. It was cold so we camped out in the family room, roasted marshmallows from the fireplace for s'mores and did gave ourselves pedicures. I had a little too much wine and had a nasty headache on Saturday morning.

I need to get motivated to do exercise. It's so easy to throw on running clothes and head out the door without thinking but doing my dvd's and stuff at home isn't happening as easily. When I'm at work I have no problem going to the gym but that's only 3 days a week so I have to get motivated at home!

I am getting quite a bit done around the house now and lots of reading done as well. Things that I put aside to go out for a run or was too tired to do when I got back from my long runs on the weekend.

The ankle is feeling a lot better but is still achy. I can walk without limping and the stairs don't hurt as much. However, if I move it the wrong way it hurts like hell. It's a nice reminder that I really am not back to normal even though I can walk ok.

5 comments:

Theia said...

Your recovery will be slow. Painfully slow. Even when you feel like you're 100%, you're not. Don't rush it; take your time and really get well before you try to do too much.

I know it's frustrating as all heck.

And I'm so jealous of your campout and smores! :)

Jen said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I love snuggling by a fire! Take it slow with the ankle!

Maria said...

s'mores? I'm jealous!!

BTW, what's Avery planning to dress up as for Halloween?

Doctor Err said...

good on you for taking advantage of down time instead of sitting around and stewing about it.
omg those are cute pics of boots and A...

Stephen said...

Sorry the ankle is not back to 100%, but like the others have said, be patient and take it slow.

Smores are good, but I prefer to eat marshmallows plain, chocolate bars plain and dip my graham crackers in milk.

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template