And that's a wrap

I think the gods were against me running this marathon. First the inflamed tendon now this.

Ok, I got out to do 5 miles. I'm at about mile 2 on a beautiful run. All of a sudden my ankle rolls on and edge of pavement on the side of the road and I go flying. I am screaming it hurts so bad. I think I broke my ankle. I pull myself over to the grass and just yell. My knees and hands are in so much pain along with my ankle. I'm laying on my back with my knees pulled up to my chest and a car just drives on by. I must have screamed for about 3 minutes.

Thank goodness I decided to bring my cell phone with me (in case the tendon started hurting again and I need a ride home). I call my house and ask my aunt to come get me that I fell and am hurt bad. While I wait for her I watch the blood rolling down from my knee to my foot. I'm a mess and shaking like crazy.

I decide to test out the ankle. I can walk on it but it does hurt in various places. My aunt and Avery arrive. I get home and take my shoes off. My ankle is swelling by the second. It's huge. I was hoping I had just twisted it really bad but based on the swelling its a sprain. The blood on my hands and knee clotted so it was a pain in the ass to clean the cuts out. They are all pretty deep.

I wrapped my ankle in an ace bandage and have it elevated with ice on it. I took my prescription antibiotic and am sitting on the bed stewing. WTF. Why? Really?

Editted to add: Here are some pictures after I cleaned the cuts up. I have to get the one's off my phone from when I first fell. They actually look worse now, several hours later as the redness from the burning is becoming apparent.










4 comments:

Jen said...

Hey--you sew? That's great news! I need someone to teach me! ;) Oh wait-your ankle!

So sorry about a really bad boo boo! Are you going to get it x-ray'd?

Take it easy for sure!

Theia said...

Deep breaths.

Since you wrapped it, did the swelling go down? Did you call the doctor for an x-ray? Do so immediately. Keep icing on for 20 minutes, off for 20. Keep it elevated for the rest of the day and tonight in bed. Stay off it as much as you can.

(((Heather))) I hope it's not as bad as you think.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Awww, Heather. I'm so sorry to hear about this setback. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is only temporary and not as bad as it sounds. Keep us posted.

Dog Mom said...

Crap crap crap. I'm so sorry about the ankle. It's awful to get sidelined like that.

Hope the healing is quick and smooth!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template