1st Tempo Run

I missed my first tempo run 2 weeks ago because it was on my birthday and I was a busy girl. The following week was the fartlek so this week is my 1st tempo run. Schedule said 6 miles with 4 at tempo 1 w/u, 1 c/d. Since I know I need more time to warmup I decided to do 2 miles for my warmup. According to MacMillan my tempo runs should be between 9:45 to 10:10. My HM pace is supposed to be 10:04. I ran the 7.14 miles in 1:16:39. My tempo splits were:

10:01
9:46
9:43 (this mile was completely flat)
9:44

I probably went a bit to fast but I was scared to slow down because I thought I'd slow down too much and I knew there were hills on the 2nd and 4th mile so I wanted to make sure I banked a couple of seconds. However, I had lots of energy I guess because I charged them (scared I'd slow down too much).

My breathing was fine the entire time. My quads/hip flexors were tight. Other than the tightness in my thighs I would say the 4 miles were comfortably hard like they were supposed to be. Once again, I've surprised myself. Just like with the speedwork I am realizing I am faster than I thought.

I'm really hoping that following a training program for once (and one that involves quality runs, not just building miles) will help me get closer to my full potential as a runner.

While I ran Avery had a playdate with Rachel and Carly at Jill's house, where she had a blast. Thanks Jill!


4 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Way to nail the tempo miles right on! Great job!

Theia said...

Good job! Your coach must really be smart! :)

sneakersister said...

Way to go you sandbagger!

Jen said...

LOL Alexis;)

Those are great times heather!

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template