Tonight's Run

I got my marathon training plan from my coach today. In preperation for my upcoming speedwork I decided to run to the High School track tonight and run it a couple laps. It's about 4.5 miles to the track. Even though it was 90 and rediculously humid it wasn't too bad of a run, in fact my 3rd mile was in the mid 9's. I got to the track and was pretty tired but I called Mike to come pick me up and figured I would run it until he got there. I did 2x400's at an 8:37 pace. Not bad after a pretty decent paced 4.5+ miles.

I also decided to wear my heart rate monitor for the first time today. Since so many people have been doing LHR training I figured I could at least keep track of my heart rate on my runs. Here's my stats for my run. Total 5.14 miles, avg pace 10:46, avg HR 99bpm, max 166bpm:

3.12miles avg hr 88 61.3%
1.29miles avg hr 109 24.9%
.42 miles avg hr 127 7.5%
.24 miles avg hr 152 5.2%
.07 miles avg hr 164 1.2%

Not sure what all that means but it was interesting to see. Considering when I was sitting in the car it had my heart rate at 88 does that mean I ran 3.12 miles that easy? I'll have to read up on it I guess.

2 comments:

sneakersister said...

Maybe Cindi will chime in here, but if you were doing LHR your max heart rate should never go over 144 (or 149 if you are factoring in the 5 point established aerobic factor). To me it looks like you were running super easy at 88 bpm.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Something looks off, particularly if it was that warm out. My guess is the HRM strap wasn't on correctly? It seems strange that your avg HR would be as low while you are running as sitting in the car!

Also - each person's HR is different. So even though I try not to go above 143 when I am LHR training, it may be different for you (even though we are basically same age). You should do testing to figure out where yours is at. There is all kinds of stuff on the internet about how to do the testing. There is a blog entry on my blog that tells how I did mine (look back in April or May entries).

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template