Happy Anniversary to me!

Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary for running. I celebrated with a 7 mile run at 6am. Hard to believe that 2 years ago I couldn't run a mile and this past weekend I ran almost 16! Woohoo!

I had an unbelievably amazing run this morning. Considering that my legs are tired from the 7 yesterday and it was 74 degrees already with a dewpoint = 66. It was probably the best run I've had ever or at least in a long time.

It didn't feel hard at all and I was running at a great pace considering how hilly the route is. To start off the first mile is all uphill and then its rolling hills for the next mile. The 3rd mile starts with a really tough hill (we used to hate this one) and we end on a hill as well. Here are my splits:

10:56
10:25
10:02
9:36

Nice negative splits. Average pace is 10:15. Total time 41:07.

Again, this run was cake. I felt like I was giving it a just the right amount of effort and it felt great not like I was doing too much. I wasn't even completely wiped out when we finished. I had more left in the tank.

I wish that first mile was faster but its probably good it wasn't. Here I woke up at 4:30 this morning and was so tired I just wanted to go back to bed. Glad I didn't.

2 comments:

Her Roo-ness said...

dude.
i am so excited about your progress....

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

That is amazing to think about, that you went from not being able to run 1 miles, to running almost 16. Love hearing stuff like this! And now you are training for a marathon! Crazy stuff! Congrats -

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template