My non-running chubby autumn

OK, its hard to drink lots of wine and beer when you aren't running. It just helps make my untoned flabby body acquire more flab. I'm not gaining wait as much as some of my male running friends did while not running but I'm seriously flabby. I'm just starting to use the eliptical at physical therapy and while my ankle hurts a little I love being able to work up a good sweat again. Next week I'll be tackling the eliptical at the gym with a vengence! My therapist wants me to get an MRI since its been 8 weeks and I'm still having pain. I have a doctors appt in 2 weeks. Will this ever end!

What else have I been up to? Well we went to my SIL's for Thanksgiving in Virginia Beach. We had a really good time. This weekend Avery has house guests. Our neighbor was going to be away for the weekend at a conference and her husband is a Chef so he's gone nights. We're watching their girls (age 5 and 9) from last night until tonight. We're also doing home improvement and painting. First off is the foyer.

Right now I am playing Julia's Gameboy Advanced. As you can see I'm accomplishing so much on my Saturday mornings now that I am not doing my long run, haha!

4 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I hear ya. I gained 8 pounds since the marathon, during my break and gearing back up phase. I was still eating as if I was running 60 mpw!

Hang in there.

sneakersister said...

Yea, but Cindi, I think you needed it!

Weight! I lost it at first but then gained it back. I'm sorry you're still having pain after 8 weeks. You really did a number on your ankle. I ran a couple times but then stopped because my leg felt a little funny. I'm switching to the elliptical for a while. But I am having the hardest time getting my butt to the gym! Running funk I tell ya!

Theia said...

When is your MRI?

Would a stationary bike hurt your ankle less than the elliptical? Might be worth a try.

I know one thing that'll definitely lift your spirits... THE FLYERS!! :D

Doctor Err said...

i keep reading the title and thinking it says something about chubby hubbies.

i don't know what that has to do with a damn thing, but its totally distracting me.

:)

Copyright © 2008 - sauconRunner - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template